Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, August 02, 2006

    Millions of Free eBooks by Project Gutenberg

    Do you like to read books? I found a site that offers millions of free electronic books (eBook). I was amazed to find a Filipino author who was born in 1886 and the oldest Filipino book available written in Tagalog was published in 1593, whew! I was also surprised to find that other than Tagalog, there are also available books written in Iloko or Ilocano.

    The other languages available are Chinese Dutch English Finnish French German Italian Portuguese Spanish Tagalog Afrikaans Aleut Bulgarian Catalan Czech Danish Esperanto Friulano Gamilaraay Gascon Greek Hebrew Hungarian Icelandic Iloko Interlingua Irish Iroquoian Japanese Khasi Korean Latin Lithuanian Mayan Languages Middle English Nahuatl Napoletano-Calabrese North American Indian Norwegian Old English Polish Romanian Russian Sanskrit Serbian Slovak Swedish Welsh Yiddish

    Here's the link - Project Gutenberg

    5 comments:

    Junelle said...

    Thanks for visiting http://www.intiendes.com
    Mabuhay ang pinoy

    magicJack SG said...

    You're welcome!

    Anonymous said...

    aside from ebooks, project gutenberg also has audio books, human or machine read. and podcasting is also a way to go. instead of your regular fare of mp3 music in your ipod, you can listen to books and good information.

    magicJack SG said...

    Hi Jun, yes I forgot to write the info you provided. Thanks! By the way, I was trying to access your site www.mabutingbalita.net but I got a message that the page cannot be displayed.

    AZZAI. COM said...

    I love reading. Thanks. Visit my site too.